FORUMS: list search recent posts

**FCP replacing good clip audio with static on import!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Santino Stoner
**FCP replacing good clip audio with static on import!
on Jan 11, 2013 at 11:25:49 pm

Never seen this happen.

Short film shot on RED 4k Anamorphic transcoded to Prores422 for offline. Upon import into FCP, the clip audio (mono reference track) is replaced with full static white noise (image of waveform attached - apologies if it doesn't embed as this is a first time post). Audio clip files and soundtrack files play through FCP without an issue.

On a tight deadline and hoping there are some weekend wizards that can help solve this!

Return to posts index

Santino Stoner
Re: **FCP replacing good clip audio with static on import!
on Jan 11, 2013 at 11:57:19 pm

For reference:

Working off of rMBP through Thunderbolt/FW800 adapter. Audio on footage form other sources (BTS 5D footage for example) plays perfectly.

So it must be something in the RED Rocket transcode that FCP doesn't like?

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Jan 14, 2013 at 6:54:30 pm

What is the audio sample rate and bit-depth of the Red clips?

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Santino Stoner
on Jan 14, 2013 at 6:59:43 pm

All audio was sampled at 48Khz/24 bit with a reference track bounced back to camera. Audio plays fine on R3D proxies or opening raw files in Red Cine. And latest greatest news is that we've been able to replicate the FCP issue on some other systems but not all. Seems like it may be something to do with little vs. big endian encoding BUT only on transcodes completed on the Red Rocket (we've also confirmed threads discussing the exact same issue over on Red forums).

I am waiting on the DIT to send over a little endian sample of the footage to test it.

Return to posts index

Rachel Modahl
on Oct 31, 2014 at 7:46:40 pm

Hi, Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. In transcoded everything in Red Cine and it plays fine there and in FCPX. When I import it to fpc7 I get static. I would appreciate any advice you've got. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]