FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence Settings Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Host
Sequence Settings Question
on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:34:34 pm

Hi, I recently got a Panasonic AG HMC150 and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best quality when uploading to youtube. I've been shooting in 720/30p and I asked someone I know who uses the same camera their settings in final cut pro but I'm still not getting the desired results I'd like. The sequence settings I'm currently using are as follows.

Size: 1280x720
HDTV 720p 16:9
Square - 59.94
Apple Pro Res 422

Then I send the file to compressor and use Quicktime H.264. I've looked up test footage and other videos using the same camera on youtube and they seem to get a much sharper, clearer image than I am. Does anyone know what settings I should be using for shooting in 720/30p? Or for shooting 1080/24?
Here's a link to one of the videos I saw with the quality I'm trying to achieve.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Sequence Settings Question
on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:31:04 pm

It doesn't matter these days what your settings are, apparently; from what I'm told, YouTube re-compresses everything you send it now, so any pre-compression on the file you upload, done by you, is for naught. Edit native and upload native, I think is the best you can do. Of course, optimize your colors and all that too. I'm willing to be proven wrong on this, anybody?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]