FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting sequence using Playback settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Haik Kavookjian
Exporting sequence using Playback settings
on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:14:53 pm

I shot a bunch of footage at 60fps (shutter speed was set to 120 to account for the 180degree rule) and converted it to 24fps to get some nice slowmo shots. I edited in a 24fps sequence and exported using current settings, but for some reason the exported Mov file looked slightly different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until I realized that it had a bit of that unrealistic 'soap opera' effect.

I realized that my playback frame rate was set to half, which means that every time I played the video in the Canvas window, it was actually playing back at 12fps.

So here is my dilemma - I'm not really sure why my exported video has the soap opera effect (maybe I've just gotten so used to watching the video at 12fps that watching it at full frame rate is throwing me off), but at any rate, I actually prefer the 12fps version.

Is there any way to export a FCP video using the playback settings? If not, how can I re-create the 12fps version?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Exporting sequence using Playback settings
on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:59:49 pm

[Haik Kavookjian] "I realized that my playback frame rate was set to half"

Where was that????? On the camera, or (heaven forbid) in FCP?

If it's the camera -- and it ONLY affected the playback, not the recording -- you still may be able to conform the footage to 23.976.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Haik Kavookjian
on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:06:08 pm

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm talking about about the playback settings in FCP under RT settings. I want to replicate those settings in my final export.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:16:21 pm

You could change the current exported rile to 12 fps using Compressor, I suppose.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 12, 2013 at 5:37:01 pm

Go to sequence settings, change the render settings to 50% of frame rate. I do this all the time to render faster for complex sequences, then forget to set it back for final export , doh. But in this case, just leave it and you'll get a 24p file that is rendered at 12fps. IOW, every other frame will play twice. Which is the exact same as 12fps, but a more compatible standard file. You just need to make sure everything in the sequence requires rendering. Then just export current settings, self contained.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]