FORUMS: list search recent posts

New 2013 iMacs able to run legacy FCP 7 projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shirley Gutierrez
New 2013 iMacs able to run legacy FCP 7 projects?
on Jan 11, 2013 at 12:35:13 am

Hi,

I've ordered a new 27" iMac, and now I'm hearing disturbing rumors that even though it's possible to run FCP7 on this platform, legacy FCP7 projects often won't open. I would assume it's some issue with the OS, if in fact it's happening to lots of users, but I'm just trying to find out more.

Have any of you heard of anyone with this problem? And if so, can you share any details as to about these troubled projects? I guess I would be curious to know if the problem applies to any legacy project of any age, no matter what version it originated in, or if perhaps those projects that were originally created in v.7 might be okay.

Thank you!

Shirley

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: New 2013 iMacs able to run legacy FCP 7 projects?
on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:27:13 am

Hi Shirley

There are quite a few people here running FCP 7.03 on Mountain Lion without issue. I have not heard of there being a big problem opening FCP7 projects. Indeed a very quick forum search didn't really throw up any specific project opening problems. I am sure someone will pitch in if I have missed this one.
There are even a few people who seem to have got FCP6 running but not sure how reliable that is !

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:31:28 am

Legacy FCP projects won't open with FCP-X. But as Neil says, FCP 7 installs fine on Mountain Lion, and if you have FCP 7 on the system, older projects will open fine.

Nothing to worry about here. Move along.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shirley Gutierrez
on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:46:33 am

Yay!! Thanks for the peace of mind. Every little bit helps

Shirley

Return to posts index

Shirley Gutierrez
on Jan 11, 2013 at 1:49:17 am

Thank you Neil! Apple insists it will work just fine, and the evidence seems to be running that way. And who knows what specific issue might have arisen with a given legacy project? It's still very nice to get the reassurance.

Best,
Shirley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]