FORUMS: list search recent posts

File i/o error & file can not read write error -36 etc.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joel conder
File i/o error & file can not read write error -36 etc.
on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:18:26 pm

Hi,
Im having some serious issues with my mac. First i couldn't export certain sequences from FCP7, kept saying file i/o error. then i couldn't copy some files from one internal 6tb hard drive to external one. Im now editing another project and every time it gets to a certain part of the video file on the timeline it stops playback. some parts of my sequences go to black and the audio cuts to just interference noise.

i figured i have some problems with my hard drive so i thought il just copy of the video files and start a new project but i can not get some of the video files off my computer without it saying this file couldnt not be copied becuasse of read write permissions and error code -36.

the drive im working from is internal 6tb raid (3 slices) Mac OS Extended (journaled) with 340gb available space. im running osx 10.8.2
i have been using the drive for about a year or so with no problems. now all of sudden i more or less can not do any work in fcp7 or even copy all the files off the drive.

i have tried repairing permissions and repair disk etc. nothing is working. If anyone could shed some light i would be very grateful!

Joel Conder

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]