FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence settings for video shot on Red Epic?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Sutton
Sequence settings for video shot on Red Epic?
on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:56:44 pm

The company I worked for recently shot a short film with the Epic and now it's time to the edit the film. Since this is my first time dealing with Epic clips, not sure how to set the sequence settings. Normally I just drag the clips into the timeline and click "Yes" to match the clip settings, but when I do that, the clip's image does not move when the clip is playing. The cursor is moving but the image isn't, like the clip is incompatible with the clip settings. What parameters should I put to make the sequence settings right? The frame size for the clips in the bin are 2650 x 1080, compressor is REDCODE, and pixel aspect is square. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Sequence settings for video shot on Red Epic?
on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:03:12 pm

Is your system up to par to handle the footage? Tell us what you got.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kenneth Sutton
on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:12:39 pm

I just noticed I just logged and tranferred these files in REDCODE "Native" when I looked the preferences box in the Log and Transfer window. Do I need to relog these as Apple Pro Res 422 (proxy)?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:36:43 pm

FCP doesn't edit Red RAW footage. It has to be converted to prores.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 8, 2013 at 1:02:13 am

Vist the RED forums and websites. Standard recommended workflows for R3D in FCP are there and RED users can help with specifics of workflows.

As Shane says though you will need to transcode to ProRes. The correct version of this codec will very much depend on workflow so check with your Colorist. It is easy to break a safe workflow so look at the various recommendations at RED.

Most important is to manage the data properly by having exact copies (plural) and do not rename files or alter folder structures.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]