FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Mix Out of Sync With Sequence - Settings the Same

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Molly Blank
Audio Mix Out of Sync With Sequence - Settings the Same
on Jan 7, 2013 at 8:12:42 pm

I am finishing a project and every time I import the audio mix it is slightly out of sync with the video. Both are at 48 kHz. I thought I had fixed it with the previous mix and then realized I sent the client a slightly out of sync product and they didn't notice!

The settings are HDTV 1080i (16:9) and Editing timebase is 29.97. I am not sure if my Easy Set Up is the same when I reimported the audio mix because I can't find an HDTV one, but I have tried changing it to a few Easy Set Ups and importing the audio then.

This is an NTSC project although I usually do PAL projects so I thought that might be a problem. But the last project I did was PAL and the mix was also out of sync and after much troubleshooting a colleague of mine had to import the project into Adobe Premiere in order to solve it however I don't have access to premiere and also I am starting a big project so can't have this issue continue.

What can I do? Someone once mentioned completely uninstalling FCP and then reinstalling it. I am worried about doing that at the very end of this project that is due asap.

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
Re: Audio Mix Out of Sync With Sequence - Settings the Same
on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:24:22 pm

Try soundtrack pro. Import the file and export with your specs. Framerate is crucial.

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 8, 2013 at 1:11:37 am

Search this forum for sync or Matt Lyon's excellent tutorial. Common problem based on incorrect matching between Easy setup and current sequence

Return to posts index

Molly Blank
on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:26:31 am

Thanks! I tried this but when I scanned through the text file there was no discrepancy in the frame rate, it was all 30.

Mission continues :)

Return to posts index

Molly Blank
on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:47:45 am

This is a totally stupid question but I am confused about what Easy SetUp to change to. My settings for the sequence are as follows:

Frame Size: 1920x1080 Aspect: HDTV 1080i(16x9)
Pixel Aspect Ration: Square Field Dominance: Upper (Odd)
Frame Rate: 29.97
Compressor: Apple ProRes HQ
Audio Rate: 48 kHz Depth: 24-bit

The Audio Rate and Depth match the audio mix my composer created. My frame rate is 29.97 and his is 30. When I do the Matt Lyon tutorial I get a TRUE frame rate response - 30 & 30.

Any thoughts? I usually work in PAL.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 8, 2013 at 6:54:56 am

You should all be working at 29.97. If the sound post people have been working at 30 then you can try running the audio at 99% and see if that helps sync. It isn't a proper fix but it will indicate if that is where the problem lies.

Your Easy Setup should match the sequence settings. All this has to be done before the file is imported. Try renaming the file externally and reimport after you have matched the Easy Setup to the sequence and try to sync again. You need to change the name as FCP seems to keep the incorrect frame data based on the file name.

Return to posts index

Molly Blank
on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:10:38 am

Thank you so much. I will rename the audio mix and reimport it. How do I change to 99%?

Also it is extra confusing because when I try to change the Easy Set Up I don't find a match for my Aspect of HDTV 1080i(16:9) Any ideas here?

I tried just changing to NTSC Easy Set Up, creating a new sequence, bringing the old sequence into there (as one clip) and reimporting the audio. Rendering now. But I imagine your idea is better :-)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 8, 2013 at 8:02:54 am

You can check with the old file to see if that is the problem. Just go to speed in the clip (right mouse click) and change to 99.9%. Basically if there is a 29.97 to 30 difference it is .1%

You should have an easy Setup to match. If not chose Uncompressed HDTV which is 16:9. Most important is the frame rate for audio drift.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]