FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 not Capturing Anamorphic flag

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Weeks
FCP 7 not Capturing Anamorphic flag
on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:29:07 am

Hi all

First time posting on here. I've searched around a bit but can't seem to find any advice which matches my exact problem so I'm hoping the experts out there may be able to help.

I'm working on a project to ingest from PAL 16x9 anamorphic Digibeta to Apple ProRes 422 HQ PAL.

Most of the content is 16x9 anamorphic and although our capture preset has the anamorphic box ticked, Quicktime 7 isn't interpreting the files as anamorphic and popping the window out to 1024x576. When I drop the files into FCP7 the tag is also unticked. I could tick it but this means I have to re-export the files which isn't ideal as this is a bulk ingest project and we are talking hundreds of feature length files. I need them to capture correctly in the first place so I can just deliver "as is".

Our client is rejecting the files as they think the content is 4x3 with a squashed image.

I'm attaching the screen grab of our capture settings. Can anyone advise on how I can force the flag?

As another aside does anyone know any tools which will enable me to work out the coordinates of the active picture in a prores file? I need to provide X:Y coordinates for the top left and bottom right points of the active video, so the client knows what crop is needed to remove the matte lines.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hilary

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP 7 not Capturing Anamorphic flag
on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:13:56 pm

[Hilary Weeks] "Quicktime 7 isn't interpreting the files as anamorphic and popping the window out to 1024x576."
Is like that. The Anamorphic flag most time doesn;t work properly.

[Hilary Weeks] "I could tick it but this means I have to re-export the files which isn't ideal as this is a bulk ingest project and we are talking hundreds of feature length files. I need them to capture correctly in the first place so I can just deliver "as is"."
No need to recapture.
Select all the files on the Browser and click on the "Anamorphic" column.

[Hilary Weeks] "Our client is rejecting the files as they think the content is 4x3 with a squashed image."
If your client is playing the clips in QT, he will need to get used to this, unless you change the "Movie Properties: Cmd-J Video Track > Visual Settings. Set 1024x576.
Carful, because if reimported to FC, the files won't show up as 720x576 Pal, but as 1024x576 Squared Pixels.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Hilary Weeks
Re: FCP 7 not Capturing Anamorphic flag
on Jan 7, 2013 at 12:23:51 pm

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.

It isn't an option for me to add the flag and reexport as it takes too long to do and we have such a high volume of files.

Changing the visual settings only works for Quicktime. Users using VLC for example still get a squashed 4x3 image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]