FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice with Split for Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Kelly
Need advice with Split for Final Cut Pro 7
on Jan 7, 2013 at 1:48:18 am

Hi, I'm pretty new to Final Cut Pro 7 and I have a project that is need of some experienced advice. I have made a 5 minute film for a charity and they have now asked for a Split Track version of my film as well as the fully mixed edit. I have no idea what a split track is or how to export this from my project. Some help in Lay, simple non techie language would be much appreciated. BTW I am in Australia if that is of any help.
Thanks in advance
Beck

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Need advice with Split for Final Cut Pro 7
on Jan 7, 2013 at 2:07:36 am

They want separate audio and video files. Choose file/export/qt Movie... Choose video only and use current settings.

The audio will be a bit more difficult if they want separate tracks for music, sync tracks and sound fx if any. You'll need to put each of these on their own tracks, then export these tracks separately. You do this the same way except you turn off the tracks in the sequence except for the ones you're exporting.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Rebecca Kelly
on Jan 7, 2013 at 2:37:36 am

What I was asked to provide them with was all raw footage, a split track and fully mixed version of the film.
So do I highlight the audio tracks in the timeline? and then just export to quicktime or do I export to a different place?
Told you I was a beginner.
Thank you so much

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:04:02 am

Well, first you need to export audio only tracks of the Music and Effects, or only music or only effects or only dialog...whatever split audio they are asking for. Mute all the tracks you don't want to export, then FILE>EXPORT>Audio to AIFF.

Duplicate your sequence.

Import the split audio tracks. Add them to the new duplicated sequence, replacing the audio on the track with the files you exported...and now reimported. Track assignment to match the specs of the split track layout you've been given. Then...do this:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/multi-audio/1

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]