FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Text to DVD without quality loss?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria-Luisa Meredith
FCP Text to DVD without quality loss?
on Jan 6, 2013 at 5:18:09 pm

Hi

I have a series of jpegs, (plain white text on black / 2415 x 2415).

I need to create a sequence, (adding cross dissolves between each image) which will then play on a looping DVD.

What would you recommend as the best work flow in order to maintain the quality throughout: importing the jpegs into FCP, exporting the sequence to DVD SP and then creating the disc?

Many thanks in advance for any tips.

M

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.4 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: FCP Text to DVD without quality loss?
on Jan 6, 2013 at 5:44:48 pm

To maintain quality, I would create this in Motion. Re-type your text using a 1280x720p ProRes setting.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:43:17 pm

If you're moving on the stills with motion effects, and do them without making the image size exceed 1920X1080, then edit them in a ProRes 4:2:2 sequence set to be at 29.97, and then compress that HD version to an SD DVD in DVD SP. It's a garbage in/garbage out situation. Send that whole sequence to Motion for the titles or use Title 3D for them. The text tools in FCP are bitmapped, but those Title 3D titles are not. They'll hold up better. Making them larger rather than smaller will help preserve them too when you compress for that DVD's SD file set.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Maria-Luisa Meredith
on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:39:21 am

Thanks so much for the responses and suggestions, will give them a try.

M

Macbook Pro / OSX 10.6.4 / 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 / 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

FCP Studio 7.0.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]