FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble Installing Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Knight
Trouble Installing Final Cut Pro
on Jan 5, 2013 at 12:12:30 am

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been asked a million times before. I'm trying to install FCP on my machine we've had it on multiple machines before this one and it's worked fine. We started with FCP 1.2 and have upgraded over the years up to FCP 7. I went to install it and I can't use the upgrade serial numbers but when I put in the original it asks for me to insert disk "(null)" to continue with the installation. I have tried every disc we have relating to FCP and nothing has worked. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the original FCP 1.2 disc which we no longer have or if we do it's buried somewhere I'll never find. Does anyone have any ideas what disc "(null)" is or do you know a way to do a direct install using the upgrade serial numbers and discs.

Thank you,
Travis

P.S Sorry if the post is long and rambles. I've been trying to fix this problem for awhile and have not had time for much sleep.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Trouble Installing Final Cut Pro
on Jan 5, 2013 at 12:52:48 am

Hi Travis

You should not need any of the old disks at all. All you need is the relevant serial number. So you install from your FCP7 upgrade disks. It will ask your for the serial number. Once you enter that it should say something along the lines of "that is an upgrade serial number please enter the serial number of the full product you are upgrading from"
So somewhere down the line you should have a serial number for a full version. I have a feeling that FCP V3 is the earliest version you can use as an upgrade to FCP7 .
Anyway old disks not needed just a serial number, you enter that and install away.

Hope that might help you - can you find your old full version serial number ?

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]