FORUMS: list search recent posts

YouTube upload is darker then the original

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Schaap
YouTube upload is darker then the original
on Jan 4, 2013 at 8:07:59 am

No matter what i tried: every upload i do to youtube returns out to be "darker" on Youtube then the original upload.
I tried:
- tons of different upload settings (based on Larry Jordan, original compressed settings)
- export first High res version, then make a Youtube version
- export the full high res version to youtube, (they can not be happy with that :)

my material is 1920x1080 25P i work with FCP7 on 10.8

I uploaded a screenshot:
on the left side you see the YouTube player with the area around the ear much darker then on the right side the original video. I've lost a lot of detail in the left video.
Because of privacy i blurred the face partially.

Any advise?

If read a lot about gamma correction etc, but everything is perfect, all my exports are perfect no matter what codec i use, until i upload it to YouTube. I've seen a lot of other people complaining about it but never found a good solution

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: YouTube upload is darker then the original
on Jan 4, 2013 at 11:48:24 am

Have you trĂ­ed making it brighter so once in Youtube it is like you wanted it?

Return to posts index

Chris Schaap
on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:55:15 pm

Of course that is an option but, i was hoping more on a solution that does not require this.
It seems odd that YouTube does something with you color of your video, i can't imagine that there's nobody in the world that have no problem with it or any solution

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:05:32 pm

YouTube always re-encodes your uploads to accommodate optimum playback w/ their service. If you want it perfect, you'll have to play along and find your sweet spot. Hey...it's a FREE service!

Return to posts index

Chris Schaap
on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:17:07 pm

Hi Tony,
I know its a free service and i know you can't demand the ultimate highest Quality and service, but that's not my question:
The only thing i ask is:
Does anybody else notice the same problem and do you have a nice workaround for it.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Jan 4, 2013 at 1:29:43 pm

Yup, adjust your color before you upload ;-) Gotta say though...I'm not sure if I've seen that with my uploads. Then again, when I use compressor to prep my file for upload (Prores 1920x1080 to H.264), my files seen to get a little lighter so when they get up to YouTube, they're just about right. Seriously though...if they're going to re-encode on their end regardless of what you give them, there's just not much you can do but find your sweet spot for pre-upload color and create a setting for it in compressor for future use.

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]