FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export OMF from Final Cut into Pro Tools doesn't sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bomani Story
Export OMF from Final Cut into Pro Tools doesn't sync
on Jan 3, 2013 at 7:39:30 pm

So, I'm in post-production with a feature, and we've been cutting in Final Cut. We're close to picture lock and are sending segments of the feature to a post-production house for sound, and they need an OMF of the audio. So, I send them the segment with the timecode burned into the picture along with the audio in an OMF format.

When our Sound Mixer imports the audio into Pro Tools, it imports in a different timecode than what I exported. In Final Cut, the OMF starts at 00:59:40:00, but when we import it into Pro Tools, it imports at the time code of 00:59:36:10.

Does anybody know why this is happening? I've made sure both Pro Tools and Final Cut are running at the same frame rate and have 24bit audio, yet the synch is off. I need help from anyone who would know an answer. Please.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Export OMF from Final Cut into Pro Tools doesn't sync
on Jan 3, 2013 at 11:41:42 pm

Try the Automatic Duck Pro Export tool from AutomaticDuck.com. It's free. More solid than FCPs.

But it sounds like an error on their end. Or...do you have mixed frame rate footage? Meaning 29.97 footage in a 23.98 project?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bomani Story
Re: Export OMF from Final Cut into Pro Tools doesn't sync
on Jan 4, 2013 at 12:53:07 am

I'll give automatic Duck a try and see how that goes.

There are no mixed frame rates with me. All of my frame rates are 23.98 including the sequence setting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]