FORUMS: list search recent posts

Am I going to regret if I'm shooting in different frame rates and formats when I'm going to edit it all on the same timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Am I going to regret if I'm shooting in different frame rates and formats when I'm going to edit it all on the same timeline?
on Jan 2, 2013 at 12:18:34 am

Im shooting a project with a HMC150 and a Canon XA10. Ideally, the thing will be edited in 24fps (this might change but that's the goal. i like the look) but I know I'll want some slo-mo at times. Because of this, I find myself shooting at times with the

HMC 150:
720 60p
1080 24p

and the
XA10:
1080 60i
1080 24p

When it comes time to edit all this stuff, am I going to have hell? I use FCP 7 (small chance I'll move up to FCP X but unlikely) when editing. I've never edited a project that has multiple frame rates. I dont know if this is a bad idea or not. Advise me!

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
Re: Am I going to regret if I'm shooting in different frame rates and formats when I'm going to edit it all on the same timeline?
on Jan 2, 2013 at 1:10:12 pm

Conform slo–mo footage to 24 fps before you bring it into FCP7. CinemaTools will do for 60p. For 60i you might want to go via Nuke or AfterEffects.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Am I going to regret if I'm shooting in different frame rates and formats when I'm going to edit it all on the same timeline?
on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:11:39 pm

FYI, 60i is 30fps, interlaced. Not meant for conversion to slow motion. Don't shoot it if you want to use it in a 23.98 sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]