FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compositing REAL CLOUDS in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dallas kruse
Compositing REAL CLOUDS in FCP 7
on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:11:37 pm

I am using FCP 7 and just got the VIDEO COPILOT "REAL CLOUDS" to add a dust shockwave to a 5 second video clip (slow motion of a guy slamming chains onto a dirt road).

I'm a noob at this so here's my issue...

I am trying to do this in FCP because for the life of me can't figure out how to import my .MOV files into AE ... I've tried converting them using Compressor but to no avail.

Anyway ... the DustWave footage files from Video Copilot look great but when I composite them on top of my footage, I cant get them to look right.

My actor is in the middle of the screen and the Dust footage is placed at the bottom of the screen so the placement is off. He hits in the middle and the dust is coming from the very bottom of the frame.

I try to move the footage, or even scale it down ... but when the dust spreads, it stops in the original frame it was filmed in and the sharp edges are seen and it just doesn't work.

Any pointers on how to get this to work?

As you can see in the screenshot ... the dust is framed out and the edges get cut. I tried feathering but it still doesn't look that great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]