FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP is not exporting full sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yasha Shantha
FCP is not exporting full sequence
on Dec 29, 2012 at 4:17:08 pm

Hi there,

I am using FCP 7.0.3, and I'm working on a wedding video which is about 1hr 5mins long.
I am having trouble exporting the file. I've tried quick time conversion and compressor, but it is only choosing to export a 1 min clip from the entire sequence. I have tried to export it as a HD file and a SD

I have tried copying the whole thing into a new sequence, but when I do, certain transitions are misplaced in the sequence. If I can get any help it would be greatly appreciated as I am working to a deadline and I'm at my wit's end!

Return to posts index

dan crouch
Re: FCP is not exporting full sequence
on Dec 29, 2012 at 4:29:47 pm

Could it be that there is a corrupt file in the media somewhere? I'm not techy, but if I would try to export a section. Set an in and an out in the middle of the sequence somewhere, a few minutes long and just 'apple e' it and see if that works.

Dan.

Return to posts index

Yasha Shantha
on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:04:57 pm

Which settings should I export in? I eventually want to put it on a DVD. Should I export in PAL?
There's so many choices, I'm not sure which one to use!

Return to posts index

dan crouch
on Dec 29, 2012 at 9:40:39 pm

Yes, if you are in the UK it is PAL.
When I use to use fcp 7 I simply exported the sequence as is, I just went to file, export, (or cmd E) Then, once exported, convert that file. I would use a DVD burner like DVD Pro, that would compress the file to the correct size. It is very simple like this, but can take a while. I am sure someone on this forum can advise a quicker way.

Most important tho is to try not to panic. When I starting cutting, deadlines used to freak me out, very stressful. But there is always a way around a problem.

Anything over an hour will take a while to export.

Cheers,
Dan.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 29, 2012 at 4:42:45 pm

First render your entire sequence. Second clear any in/out (Opt. X). Export QuickTime Movie.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Yasha Shantha
on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:15:41 pm

Thanks steve. I have tried that. I've cleared all markers but it will not export the entire sequence

I tried exporting it as a self contained file, which only took 15 minutes when I used teh current settings(not sure what they are). However, only the first quarter of my project is correctly matched. In the last three quarters, the audio and video are completely mismatched, and a few frames are pixelated.

I tried to export using DV PAL 720 48kHz, but now it's saying it will take 14hours to export!
Does that sound right?

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:47:53 pm

Is your original footage h.264 (like from a DSLR or GoPro) and not converted to something like Prores before you edited it? Kinda sounds like that may be the issue. Legacy FCP doesn't like that type of footage and it causes strange problems like ths sometimes.

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 31, 2012 at 1:14:04 am

Tony has probably hit the nail on the head. The behavior the original poster describes is almost always caused by editing h.264 in FCP.

FYI, there is no easy fix. Transcoding to a "mezzanine" codec such as ProRes and then eyeball matching the initial edit is the only fix.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]