FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence ok in FCP7 but last 5 minutes of sequence pixelated in mpeg2 encode...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Beery
Sequence ok in FCP7 but last 5 minutes of sequence pixelated in mpeg2 encode...
on Dec 26, 2012 at 3:57:10 pm

Basics: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Using Caldigit mini esata raid box for media storage and rendering.
OSX 10.6.8 FCP 7.0.3
Compressor 3.5.3

Problem: 30 minute sequence pefect in FCP. Mpeg2 encode in compressor (90 minute best for dvd) produces bad intermittent pixielization during last 5 minutes on full encode but is OK if I just send the 5 minute bad section (last five minutes of sequence) from fcp to compressor.

Nandri!
HalB in south india

ps... if I can't fix this... is there a way to edit the mpeg2 file in a way to insert the good 5 minute section into the last 5 of the full encode?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Sequence ok in FCP7 but last 5 minutes of sequence pixelated in mpeg2 encode...
on Dec 26, 2012 at 4:04:08 pm

Try exporting a self-contained movie from FC, them import that to Compressor.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
Re: Sequence ok in FCP7 but last 5 minutes of sequence pixelated in mpeg2 encode...
on Dec 26, 2012 at 5:10:21 pm

Looking good! The self contained .mov is perfect. Now burning in DSP

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Dec 26, 2012 at 5:53:58 pm

Thanks Rafael! Hopefully this will satisfy the client as well. There are still a few frames that "shimmer" but nothing like the original catastrophe!! I couldn't go back and look at it frame by frame in the dvd player. Ive only done a few projects with Sony EX 1r files shot 25p, 1080. Is this something that happens with FCP and the EX? or ????

Thanks,
Hal

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 27, 2012 at 1:49:35 am

[Hal Beery] ". Ive only done a few projects with Sony EX 1r files shot 25p, 1080. Is this something that happens with FCP and the EX? or ???? "
No. I do 90% of my work with EX footage.
You can edit it on an EX or Prores time line.
Whatever your choice, before exporting the sequence, set the sequence codec to Prores or ProresHQ and set as well "Render all YUV in High Precision".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]