FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dvd Studio Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fernando zuniga
Dvd Studio Pro
on Dec 26, 2012 at 4:58:26 am

Im getting this message error:"DRBurnDoubleLayerL0DataZoneBlocksKey contains an invalid value".
And how do I really send an HD file to compressor without loosing quality?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Dvd Studio Pro
on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:31:49 am

[fernando zuniga] "Im getting this message error:"DRBurnDoubleLayerL0DataZoneBlocksKey contains an invalid value"."
Are you using any kind of sign or unusual letter on the files names?

[fernando zuniga] "And how do I really send an HD file to compressor without loosing quality?" Use the higher data rate that you can and "Open GOPs".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Dec 26, 2012 at 10:22:47 am

If you are using DVD Studio Pro, that means you are making DVDs. DVDs are SD. You are not going to be able to take your edited HD video and burn a DVD to be played in set top DVD players without losing tons of quality. The DVD format just simply can't do it. You need to burn Blu-ray and play it in a Blu-ray player on an HDTV to appreciate your HD video, Compressor can do it with the "Job Action" feature and the Apple preset, but it is very slow. Matrox MAX speeds it up to real time encoding.

I think the easiest way to get your HD video to DVD is to export a self-contained file of your edit, bring that into Compressor and apply the Apple Disc Burning DVD presets. The resulting video and audio files should import to DVDSP just fine. But your not going to be happy with the loss in quality.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 26, 2012 at 4:01:43 pm

[David Eaks] " You are not going to be able to take your edited HD video and burn a DVD to be played in set top DVD players without losing tons of quality. The DVD format just simply can't do it. "
We see tons of Hollywood movies in DVD and they keep very good quality.
Of course they are not downscaled neither compressed with Compressor.
Downscale with SHAKE or Avisynth and compress with CinemaCraft or BiteVice and you may get amazed of the quality.
rafael

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:58:22 pm

Yeah Hollywood can do a good job but that's big budget and DVD Replication, this is DVD-r and compressor. Of course the Hollywood DVDs still lose a lot of quality compared to the original. My point being that in order for our friend here to really appreciate the HD quality of his video when played back on a set top player, it will have to be Blu-ray. He asked how to do it without losing any quality, that simply IS NOT POSSIBLE.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 27, 2012 at 1:56:08 am

[David Eaks] "Yeah Hollywood can do a good job but that's big budget and DVD Replication, this is DVD-r and compressor."
Hollywood makes a good job because they start with a high quality picture and because they use good tools for downscaling and compression.
The fact that of the DVD replication vs DVD-R toasted on a computer changes nothing. What is important is the MPGE-2 in the disc.
rafael

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:06:55 am

Yes and they do a good job (still a big loss in quality from original) but the point is to help the OP within the realm of his equipment. If I understand, he wants to know how to take an HD video edited in FCP, use Compressor and DVDSP to make a DVD without losing quality. Well, there is no way to do that. Your intitial suggestions may do a significantly better job than Compressor, I don't know. But no matter what, with the tools at hand, and the end product being DVD, it will not be HD and there will be a major loss in quality from what he was seeing in his NLE. Blu-ray is HD and not all that difficult or expensive to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]