FORUMS: list search recent posts

how the heck do you export a video to a file or DVD????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ann mcgrath
how the heck do you export a video to a file or DVD????
on Dec 24, 2012 at 7:44:05 pm

I'm pretty sure I did this last year, but now I can't figure out how to do this. I have a project, edited and ready to burn. I want to make a file on my hard drive of the completed video, so I can delete the source footage and free up some space.

I do not have a "Share" menu option, and when I click on File, Share, DVD ... nothing happens. Of course, I don't really want a DVD, I want a file I can copy to DVD later. But when I try File, Share, Master File, I get a file on my desktop that isn't readable.

How the heck do you get edited video out of FCP?

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: how the heck do you export a video to a file or DVD????
on Dec 25, 2012 at 3:37:27 am

Export it as QuickTime movie but make sure you check self-compressed.

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
on Dec 25, 2012 at 3:39:58 am

Sorry. Self Contained no self compressed. :D

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 25, 2012 at 9:52:32 am

Then with the exported QT file you can compress an MPEG-2 in Compressor, but to have audio and sound together, you will need an MPEG-2 with embed MP2 audio, in which case, QT Player won't be able to play the sound.
Anyway MPEG-2 is a very compressed format, not suitable for archiving.
If you want to keep more quality while reducing file size, export an H264 (QT or MP4). Neither is an archive format, but at least is better than MPEG-2 and you will have no problem with the audio.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 27, 2012 at 5:20:15 pm

Ann, are you on FCP X? Try posting in the FCP X techniques forum if so. True, this forum should be relabeled FCP 1-7 or FCP legacy. It's for users of an EOL'd product. :)

If you're on X, you should be using the share master file option. Should play back just fine on your system. I would think it's set to ProRes 422 by default. But if you click on the settings tab in the master file export dialog you can see just what settings its using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]