FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import Video with resolution 854 x 480

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Metz
Import Video with resolution 854 x 480
on Dec 22, 2012 at 8:33:03 am

Hey guys,
I want to edit a Video from the Website Animoto. After downloading the Video i tried to import it. Final Cut asks me which resolution I want (NTSC, PAL, Others...)

My videos resolution is 854 x 480. This option isn't available in Final Cut. Can you recommend me what resolution I should choose? Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Import Video with resolution 854 x 480
on Dec 22, 2012 at 9:41:34 am

Make your self a sequence with 854x480 Squared Pixels.
How do you intend to deliver your movie/
Web video, DVD, broadcast, tape,..?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Marc Metz
on Dec 22, 2012 at 9:43:15 am

Hey Rafael,
it will be a Facebook Video. Can you explain me how I can do this? Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 22, 2012 at 11:30:35 am

Well, if you have FC.7 that should be done automatically when you drag a clip to the time-line and FC asks you if you to conform the sequence settings to the footage settings. Hit YES.
If not, open a new sequence and in the Sequence Settings, change those parameters (Size, pixels aspect). Set as well "Field Order : NONE".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Marc Metz
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:24:38 pm

Hmm isn't possibible in FC 10... there are only defaults, but none of what I need

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:43:18 pm

In fcp x, you set that when you start a new project (timeline) from the project library. Choose "custom" in the dialog that pops up and you can choose your dimensions. X should actually work well for what you're working on. And there's a choice in that dialog to tell it to base the timeline on the first clip added, just like legacy.

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Return to posts index

Marc Metz
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:48:50 pm

I'm not sure, but it seems I don't have this Custom option. Sorry I have the German version but made anyway a Screenshot for you. I think custom is "Andere", but there isn't the possibility to type dimensions for my own... I can only choose from defaults.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33091546/Bildschirmfoto%202012-12-22%20um%2014.45....

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 22, 2012 at 2:05:16 pm

When I get a chance, I'll fire up my machine and get you a screen shot. For those who have dismissed X and haven't checked it out lately, your only hurting yourself. I hated it at first but I have to say, it's really very awesome with the new updates and the tons of EFX an plugs available at low cost now.

Remember how FCP 1 started out? Yea...do yourselves a favor and don't write it off until you've really worked with it. It's different. But that doesn't make it a toy. It's really very powerful and growing (back) up very fast.

This is coming from someone who was so shaken by the change that I bought or upgraded Adobe Production Premium Suite and Media Composer and am learning all three (4 if you include FCP legacy) so I can become NLE Agnostic! Each has its strengths. And X? Yea, I'm actually digging it.

Let the flaming begin. I can take it ;-)

Posted from iPad, please excuse typos!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 22, 2012 at 2:37:34 pm

OK...while having an actual project open, I clicked File>New Project and the first screen cap came up. You can clearly see "Set based on first video clip". If that's checked, when you drop that first clip into the timeline/project, it'll set it to the propreties of that clip.

Of course, you can also select custom, and then the option for "other"

I think for what you're working on, you should just do the set based on first clip option.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]