FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cross Dissolve Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Rubio
Cross Dissolve Issue
on Dec 22, 2012 at 12:51:33 am

I'm having a weird problem rending a project out.

I've created a project in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 using footage shot on the Canon EOS 7D. I've cut this same type of footage before using this same set up but for some reason, when I render out now, all my cross dissolves get all psychedelic-looking before POPPING to the next clip. This is only when I render out the final movie. The sequence renders are fine. No distortion.

Footage:
1920 x 1080
H.264

Sequence:
1920 x 1080
H.264

When rendering out, it's set for Current Settings. Then I get the crazy dissolves in the final movie.

Help, please?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Cross Dissolve Issue
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:15:34 am

Yeah...FCP doesn't like to cut H.264 footage all that well. The fact that it worked before doesn't mean that it will work all the time. The issues with this format are random and sporatic.

FCP REALLY needs this footage converted to ProRes 422 before you edit it. for that you download the EOS Log and Transfer plugin and use FCP's LOG AND TRANSFER function. I have a tutorial about that here:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

And yes, the file sizes will get a LOT bigger. SInce you already started and have footage in the project and in the cut, you can try to use the Media Manager and the RECOMPRESS option and recompress to ProRes 422. Or once you log and transfer, get rid of he H.264 footage on your drive (BACK THEM UP!!...save them. They are your masters) and then relink to the ProRes footage. And then make a ProRes sequence to cut and paste your current sequence into...since the current sequence settings are H.264.

If you want to cut that footage natively, then you need to use an NLE that is designed to do that, like Premiere Pro CS6.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Rubio
on Dec 22, 2012 at 5:12:45 am

Thanks. I tried to use the Media Manager but that didn't seem to do much to help out. I went back and Log & Transferred to start from scratch. Hopefully, it'll fix the issue. I'll know in a few hours.

Your tutorial was great! Thanks for that!

Return to posts index

Andrew Rubio
on Dec 22, 2012 at 8:57:27 am

Thanks, Shane! Logging and Relinking worked. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:37:24 pm

And fcp x

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]