FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weirdness after upgrade to 10.8 OSX... any suggestions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bowman
Weirdness after upgrade to 10.8 OSX... any suggestions
on Dec 21, 2012 at 10:52:57 am

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my OSX from 10.6.7 to 10.8 (having cloned my main drive, of course). Everything appears to be fine. In addition I installed FCPX and Compressor 4. I have previously installed Motion 5 and did whatever jigging around I needed to make Motion 5 play with FCS.

With the installs of FCPX and Compressor 4 I didn't seem to need to do any other jigging around, they all played together off the bat, so I'm guessing whatever I did when I installed Motion 5 allowed them all to play in the same room.

The only glitch that has come out of all this is that my footage when viewed in the canvas is considerably darker than it was previously, that is looking at the same project as before.

I did an export in a panic thinking my grading had been screwed up, but the exported version has the grading/brightness at the correct levels, it's just in the canvas (and perhaps the viewer is a tad darker too) that it looks so dark.

Any ideas what may have caused this? Or more importantly, any ideas of how to resolve this.

I have finally bitten the bullet and accepted OSX upgrades will at some point leave me behind and am about to try and transfer what I do to X (I do feel dirty, but CS6 just had too many little quality of life issues that bugged me and all my filters/plugins etc., don't work with it) but I still have a couple of projects to finish up with FCP7 and this darkness thing is going to be a bugger with grading them.

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Weirdness after upgrade to 10.8 OSX... any suggestions
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:32:49 pm

Could it be that you simply need to re calibrate your monitor?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
Re: Weirdness after upgrade to 10.8 OSX... any suggestions
on Dec 22, 2012 at 1:36:35 pm

Don't think so. When I export the timeline the SC quicktime file is the correct colour balance. I can place it on the same monitor next to my canvas and the difference is there. It appears to be something internal to FCP7 that has suddenly altered after the upgrades.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]