FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing PAL from HD700

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Taylor
Importing PAL from HD700
on Dec 20, 2012 at 11:48:10 pm

I'm hoping someone can put my mind to rest here.

I'm trying to import a miniDV tape recorded in PAL format into FCP 7.0 using a Sony GV-HD700. The video plays fine on the screen on the HD700 but FCP is having trouble ingesting it. I've managed to capture 3s clips but it always breaks down after 3s with the error;

"Capture encountered a problem reading the data on your source tape. This could be due to a problem with the tape. Capture has been aborted and your clip has been saved."

Both tapes from this client exhibit the same behavior.

My project is set up as DV50 PAL 48kHz though I've tried at least half a dozen different easy setups both PAL and NTSC.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing PAL from HD700
on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:21:47 am

[Nathan Taylor] "My project is set up as DV50 PAL 48kHz though I've tried at least half a dozen different easy setups both PAL and NTSC."

That deck plays two formats...neither one is DV50. DV50, also known as DVCPRO 50 is a Panasonic format. the 50 doesn't stand for 50hz, the PAL format. It stands for 50mb/s. DV25 is 25mb/s...also known as DV/PAL, MiniDV.

So....if your tapes are DV/PAL...standard def...you need to use the DV/PAL Easy Setup. If they are HDV, then you need to use the HDV PAL Easy Setup.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nathan Taylor
Re: Importing PAL from HD700
on Dec 21, 2012 at 12:39:23 am

Merci!
Thank you!
Gracias!
Danka!

Return to posts index