FORUMS: list search recent posts

EEK....BPAV/CPLR missing MP4 files.....is all lost?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lea Mclean
EEK....BPAV/CPLR missing MP4 files.....is all lost?
on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:31:47 pm

One of our directors filmed her own footage (EX1) and then transferred the card's onto her hard drive, since then the cards have been wiped. Now a month later has asked for my help as she is unable to ingest/convert her footage, the BPAV folders were a shambles with CUEUP and MEDIAPRO files missing, however what was more distressing was I noticed that within some of the clip folders there are no mp4 clips.....does that mean that the footage/video does not exist anymore and therefore unsalvageable?

L

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: EEK....BPAV/CPLR missing MP4 files.....is all lost?
on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:39:56 pm

If the MP4s are missing...the footage is missing. The MP4s ARE the footage.

Suggest your directors get ShotPut Pro for offloading media. It does it automatically, and gets EVERYTHING. Mac only. So if they are PC...tell them to back up the FULL CARD. Anything less is...well...tragic and wrong.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lea Mclean
on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:48:08 pm

Thanks Shane for your quick response, I figured it was a doomed situation so thanks for confirming, I will take a box of tissues along when I tell the director this afternoon.

Cheers
Lea
Editor/Post Director
Hunting Aotearoa
New Zealand

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:03:47 am

You have a chance of recovering the MP4 from your HD using DataRescue or FileSalvage, but is very possible that while recovering the files, those get corrupted. Probably Treasured (aeroquarter.com) could fix them.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]