FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frequent Changes in Logging bins

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy Barksdale
Frequent Changes in Logging bins
on Dec 16, 2012 at 7:52:57 pm

Folks,

It seems that I am wrestling with Final Cut Pro's (7.0.3) capability to change bins for capturing.

I am working on a museum project and need to capture a variety of species from one tape, but place each one into a different project - quickly easily during the capture process so that later- I can work on one species at a time with that species correct footage in the species correct bin and project. This would really help to keep things organized. There are a lot of species for this exhibition.

The log and Capture window should easily do this with one click to allow you to select the proper bin to capture the clip into and then for the next capture, click to change the bin.... but it is a Royal Pain in the posterior. It seems that Once I get one bin set - FCP basically refuses to change that bin.

So what I have been doing is to prepare to capture the clip with capture window open (command 8) find the clip. Go to the browser window make certain it is highlighted, double click on the project tab in the browser, then under file go to set logging bin. But as it is currently, it remains grayed out....

Is there some simple solution to this which I am stupidly overlooking? I am expecting a very simple thing I am overlooking....hopefully... I need to change bins about 75 times more this afternoon...

Thanks for any Help and positive solutions...

Tim

Tim Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC
Choteau, MT
MundoAveLoco!
Birdman Adventures LLC
Kansas City, MO

Return to posts index

Jaap Verdenius
Re: Frequent Changes in Logging bins
on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:06:11 am

This is perfectly possible. You should highlight your next logging bin instead of the project tab
(you could also select your next logging bin with the rightmouse button).

Return to posts index

Timothy Barksdale
Re: Frequent Changes in Logging bins
on Dec 17, 2012 at 12:05:20 pm

Thanks Jaap,

I went back and looked at the projects where I was having trouble and realized I had not created bins in several of those project tabs. It is funny because one or more of them have no bin but will still work fine, but I guess after some unknown number they begin to act funky and will not highlight. Once I added the bin to the project tab (on those which did not have one) the issue was immediately solved.

Thanks Again!

Tim

Tim Barksdale
Birdman Productions LLC
Choteau, MT
MundoAveLoco!
Birdman Adventures LLC
Kansas City, MO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]