FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 has forgotten all reel / tape names...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne-Marie Alexander
FCP7 has forgotten all reel / tape names...
on Dec 15, 2012 at 8:16:13 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a relatively large project at the moment and FCP has decided to forget all the reel names I added and I have no idea why!!

It's an entirely tapeless workflow so I added reel names myself - they all referred to the shoot/card number (i.e. S001_C02) so I could reorganise all the folders in the project as per location etc. There will be a full conform on picture lock. I did this a week or so ago, but today I scrolled along the columns and notice they have all gone apart from the first two cards.

I have searched through forums but I can't seem to find any with a similar problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

FCP 7.0.3
OSx 10.6.8

Thanks, Ammo

Return to posts index

Jaap Verdenius
Re: FCP7 has forgotten all reel / tape names...
on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:21:48 pm

I think these reel numbers are part of the mediafile.
If you reimport mediafiles do they have reel numbers?
If you highlight a clip in the timeline and look at the info under properties (Cmd-9, Logging Tab). does it show a reel number?

(and what is your workflow - did you use Log and Transfer to convert what kind of footage to what kind of media?)

Return to posts index

Jaap Verdenius
Re: FCP7 has forgotten all reel / tape names...
on Dec 17, 2012 at 4:23:30 pm

I think these reel numbers are part of the mediafile.
If you reimport mediafiles do they have reel numbers?
If you highlight a clip in the timeline and look at the info under properties (Cmd-9, Logging Tab). does it show a reel number?

(and what is your workflow - did you use Log and Transfer to convert what kind of footage to what kind of media?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]