FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut importing footage and applying to timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott clingham
final cut importing footage and applying to timeline
on Dec 15, 2012 at 4:01:13 pm

hi, i have created a new project in final cut on my mac. i am a novice when it comes to editing and would like to know why that when i import clips in the MOV format and i have saved on my computer it allows me to lay one clip in the timeline but as soon as i put another it comes up with the annoying general error and no help. on the the canvas it just says display unavailable, close an reopen window to restore.

i have no clue what to do in this situation tried to render the two clips together an that doesn't work. i just want to be able to chuck all the clips i have together and get editing.

if you guys could help would be a weight off my shoulders

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: final cut importing footage and applying to timeline
on Dec 15, 2012 at 6:20:40 pm

MOV isn't a format. It's a type. Meaning it means that it is a QuickTime file. Just like MP4 is MPEG and AVI is, well, AVI. Now, just because it is a QT file doesn't mean FCP will work with it. It needs to be a specific codec. There are dozens of codecs that QT supports, but only a few that work in FCP. To see which ones FCP supports, look in the Easy Setup list. For HD, the best format to use is ProRes.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]