FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP squeezed picture in Digital Cinema Desktop preview

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natasa Damnjanovic
FCP squeezed picture in Digital Cinema Desktop preview
on Dec 15, 2012 at 12:18:03 am

Hi everyone,

I'm editing Apple Prores 422 PAL 4:3 material in FCP7 on a Macbook pro. Now the problem is when I go into Digital Cinema Desktop preview to look at what I've done, the image playback is squeezed even more than 16:9 (more like 1:2.35). When I stop the playback the still frame displayed has regular 4:3 aspect ratio.

Now since I'm working on a laptop, meaning only one screen, the only option I have under Video playback in Digital Cinema Desktop Preview - Main, so can't really change that but even when I plugged in the hard drive to a Mac pro with two displays, changing Video playback settings didn't help.

Is there a way of changing the aspect ratio of the laptop screen itself OR is there another way of solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: FCP squeezed picture in Digital Cinema Desktop preview
on Dec 21, 2012 at 8:45:39 am

PAL can have two pixel aspect ratios, depending on whether it is widescreen or not. The aspect ratio for both is the same, 4:3. Check that for your footage and project settings.

http://www.wolfcrow.com - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]