FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP weird white frame problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Sabina Harney
FCP weird white frame problem
on Dec 14, 2012 at 12:24:59 am

Hey, I hope someone can help explain this one. I was running my project on a full spec tower mac, but due to travel and shooting, I migrated to my laptop with FCP 6.06. At first, every thing worked fine, but one day every time I stopped the play back of the edit, it came to rest on a white frame. When I export, all it exports is the white frame with sound. At first I thought it may be the drives, but they run fine, I resaved the project, ran them on a different project. No matter what I do, FCP see's a white frame when I halt the edit. No matter which media I use. I am not able to run it on another mac at the moment, as 6.06 only runs on Snow Leopard and every other Mac I have access to right now is Lion. Anyone know what is happening here?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP weird white frame problem
on Dec 14, 2012 at 8:36:19 am

Hi Lisa,
Normally you get a full white screen when the codec of the clip is not present on your computer.
Which kind of codec are you using for exporting?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Lisa Sabina Harney
on Dec 14, 2012 at 11:41:22 am

Hi Rafael,

thanks for your response. I was using MPEG 4, but I did change the export codec and its working to an extent, in that it is exporting the files now, when the computer doesn't crash. :)

However, the white frame problem persists in the edit itself, every time I stop playing the edit, it rests on a white frame, I am wondering if its because my laptop hasn't enough power, as it all ran perfectly on my tower.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 14, 2012 at 12:44:53 pm

Lisa,
MP4 is not supported by FC, so you can expect whatever funny (no funny) behavior.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]