FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixing frame rates! Working on music video and the footage was shot in three different frame rates.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Byrne
Mixing frame rates! Working on music video and the footage was shot in three different frame rates.
on Dec 14, 2012 at 12:17:36 am

I'm working on a music video and the footage has been shot in three different frame rates:

23.98 - hdtv1080i 1920x1080 (about half the footage)
59.94 - hdtv 720p 1280x720 (bout 30% of the footage)
29.97 - hdtv 1080i 1920x1080 (the rest)
all h264

What's the best way for me to combine all of this without making it look choppy? I'm planning to transcode to prores for editing purposes,

Return to posts index

William Carr
Re: Mixing frame rates! Working on music video and the footage was shot in three different frame rates.
on Dec 14, 2012 at 2:30:14 am

29.97 for all. The 23.98 won''t suffer much by adding frames and the 59.94 should look smooth as silk.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Mixing frame rates! Working on music video and the footage was shot in three different frame rates.
on Dec 14, 2012 at 8:30:31 am

[William Carr] "29.97 for all. The 23.98 won''t suffer much by adding frame"
Better adding Pulldown.
Instead of adding full frames, will add fields and will look less choppy.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Dec 17, 2012 at 12:37:49 am

I agree that moving up to 29.97 is probably the smoothest choice if you must convert to one format. If you have Production Premium, test Adobe Media Encoder for quality. If it passes or is superior to Compressor, it will process your files quickly in the background. Premiere Pro mixes all of the frame rates natively on the timeline and does the proper pull up/down when you're encoding your final output.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]