FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long (5-6 minute) Title Crawl

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Davies
Long (5-6 minute) Title Crawl
on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:27:23 am

I have a very long credit roll for a project I'm working on. However, FCP will only let me make a Title Crawl that is 2 minutes long. How do I make one that is longer (around 5-6 minutes)?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Long (5-6 minute) Title Crawl
on Dec 13, 2012 at 12:51:06 pm

Just type in the length you need.

If you create your crawl in Motion, you have more control. There are also other 3rd party plug-ins that are easier than FCP's. They look much better too.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Matthew Davies
on Dec 13, 2012 at 5:24:25 pm

Okay. I haven't used Motion extensively. Can you give me a quick, easy way to do it?
I tried typing in the duration! It's driving me crazy! I right-click, choose "Duration" and type in 5 minutes (00:00:05;00) and it changes back to the longest time I can drag it out to, which is 00:00:02;04. Is this just me? Or are other people having this issue?

Return to posts index

Miriam Lefkowitz
on Dec 13, 2012 at 6:02:16 pm

This happens to me. I highlight the clip in the timeline, go up to the viewer and change the time in the viewer window at the top left. Make it any length you want. Then go back to the timeline and you can stretch out the title crawl clip. Always thought it was a boris quirk.

Also, if the title crawl is very long, you can split the clip into two titles which is more manageable. Sometimes if I am editing in native XDCAM the title will scroll backwards if it is too long. YOu can overlap the clips in the timeline so the break between the two is unoticeable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]