FORUMS: list search recent posts

Get rid of weird line movement on edges as images spin?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Wilber
Get rid of weird line movement on edges as images spin?
on Dec 12, 2012 at 9:20:34 pm

So I'm working in FCP7 and and doing a 'demo' software video. I'm fooling around with most of the perspectives and at times have the screen clip or screen shot shrunk a little and rotating against background. But the edges of the clip kinda look funky like aliasing or something.

Any way to fix this?

Example: http://traviswilber.wistia.com/medias/cdla2i1lkn

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Get rid of weird line movement on edges as images spin?
on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:22:32 pm

i usually go to motion tab/crop/edge feather.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:51:48 am

You can also apply a it of gaussian Blur to the picture Alpha channel.
Make sure that you set "Render in High Precision" and "Render Motion Effects BEST".
Avoid using the "Rotation" of te Motion tab. That force lower rendering quality (Linear).
Instead, use the 3D filter or, better, the Andy's "Better 3D".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:44:16 pm

Crop the edges of the frame in very slightly. That will often smooth out the stair-stepping look on the frame edges.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Grant Wilber
on Dec 13, 2012 at 5:08:27 pm

I do use the 3D filter in the perspective plugin folder. I tried the crop but it doesn't crop at the same angle that the video is altered. So if the video is tilted at an angle the crop will just crop a edge straight across rather than at an angle. Don't know if there is a way to crop differently.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Dec 13, 2012 at 5:22:58 pm

you could use a 4 point garbage mask to get the right angle and then apply a slight edge softness.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 13, 2012 at 6:05:08 pm

[Grant Wilber] "I do use the 3D filter in the perspective plugin folder. I tried the crop but it doesn't crop at the same angle that the video is altered. So if the video is tilted at an angle the crop will just crop a edge straight across rather than at an angle. Don't know if there is a way to crop differently."
Motion effects (crop) are applied after filters on FC pipeline, so if you want to crop, you must crop, nest the clip and apply the 3D filter on the nest.
But is not about cropping.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Grant Wilber
on Dec 14, 2012 at 2:58:06 pm

Alright so found a solution. Unfortunately couldn't get it to work with above suggestions. However Rafael taking about FCP pipeline helped.

I ended up using a crop filter (Alex4d or Andy's) and just placed it before/above the 3dfilter in clip. That did the the trick. There is a slight wavy line sometimes, but not nearly as jagged as before. Thanks for thinking this through with me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]