FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a DVD using Compressor and DVD Studio Pro complications

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Norfolk
Creating a DVD using Compressor and DVD Studio Pro complications
on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:31:36 am

I have just finished a 26 minute film and am now making DVD's. Previously I had low audio problems with my DVD's and upon the advice in the posted blog of Larry Jordan I made some corrections. Once I had made a final file out of FCP7 I made audio and video files for DVD in Compressor, I adjusted them as per Larry's instruction particularly in the audio by changing the Dialog Normalisation to -31dBFS and the compression setting to None. I then took those two files into DVD Studio Pro and made my DVD. It was screened today running off of a PC using WMP I believe.
I could certainly hear the soundtrack going up and down in places as if it was being compressed in parts, something like the opposite of what a noise gate may do. I thought that maybe by selecting no compression that the dynamic range of my soundtrack was too great for the playback computer to handle. I have done a basic mix in FCP with tone set at -12 and most of the soundtrack not going above -6 ( on the FCP meters), it may go above -6 occasionally but never into the red.
I wonder if the problem is in the playback or something in my file? Any advice would be gladly appreciated.

Best
Mark
Queensland, AUSTRALIA.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Creating a DVD using Compressor and DVD Studio Pro complications
on Dec 12, 2012 at 3:49:45 pm

Does it sound better if you only have one channel of audio on? That would indicate a phase problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]