FORUMS: list search recent posts

Needs Render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harrison Gruber
Needs Render
on Dec 6, 2012 at 10:35:19 pm

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out what happened here with my workflow... I was happily editing away this man talking to camera. One of the wider shots required him being moved off to the left (As you can observe in the Viewer (In the attached screenshot) with a white background. At first FCP Didn't seem to mind doing playback on the white background composite on the fly and then for some reason it started refusing to playback without rendering first.

Is there some setting I changed by accident? What can I do to fix this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Needs Render
on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:28:14 am

You might have changed the realtime settings, but it IS a chroma key, right? You're going to eventually render anyways.

Not to be a harsh critic, but I have to wonder why the background is pure white, making the subject almost impossible to see easily.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Harrison Gruber
on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:37:01 am

Doh! Totally forgot about that. Thanks, Dave. In answer to your question about the pure white our DP was told to essentially create an apple commercial style blown out style white void space--a popular aesthetic. It was not created in post.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 7, 2012 at 3:06:25 am

Oh. It's too late now, but those white backgrounds are almost NEVER 100% white. They're simply white enough to pass for white.

Ever wonder why the guys in the Apple spots look nicely exposed, but your guy is underexposed? In the Apple spots, the background was white enough to pass for white.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]