FORUMS: list search recent posts

3 Video tracks Requires render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bark
3 Video tracks Requires render
on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:24:04 am

I have a 3 camera shoot in the edit bay. 2 xdcam and 1 DVCpro from a P2 card. When I lay one of the xd tracks on top of the P2 track, all is well (for editing). When I lay the 2nd xd track on top, of the first two, however, I have to render. Any suggestions?

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 3 Video tracks Requires render
on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:27:58 am

Get a faster hard drive. Playing back multiple streams (tracks) of video requires a lot of drive speed. An eSATA 2-4 drive RAID 0 or RAID 5 will work. Firewire won't. MIXING formats only adds to this issue. If you could conform to one format (ProRes), that might help. But you still need a fast drive for more than two streams typically.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Bark
on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:33:31 am

This came to me on a USB drive! I knew there was no way, so I put everything on the desktop of my i7 iMac 2.93Ghz with 12GB's RAM.

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:36:49 am

Your system drive is also not suited for this. Do you have a Thunderbolt connector on that? Might need to get a Thunderbolt Raid...or eSATA Raid and Thunderbolt to eSATA adapter.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Bark
on Dec 6, 2012 at 1:36:53 am

Actually, just hitting unlimited RT did the trick. It's an orange line, but at least I can see it. I don't know who shot these 4:55 segments, but there are dozens, so syncing and doing Multiclip isn't an option. Had to go Pluralize so I need to be able to turn tracks on and off. Painful.

David Bark
Lightshine Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]