FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glitches on export from FCP 7 to QuickTime Movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Losardo
Glitches on export from FCP 7 to QuickTime Movie
on Dec 4, 2012 at 8:19:30 pm

Hi
I'm trying to export a 1 hour sequence from FCP 7.03 to a self-contained QuickTime Movie. The source footage and sequence setting are both XDCAM EX 1080p30. My goal is then to compress that single QuickTime movie with chapter markers in Compressor for import into DVDSP.

I have used this workflow many times without issue.

Today, however, when I choose "Use Current Settings" in Export to QT Movie (like always), 99% of the export comes out fine, but every once in awhile, I get jaggedy white glitches that flicker by at the bottom of a couple frames. These white glitches do not appear in the source footage, but they do appear on the same frames in the export each time I try.

If I do not select "Use Current Settings" in Export to QT Movie and instead choose XDCAM EX 1080p30 for the export setting, the white glitches do not appear, but now, the aspect ratio of my FCP titles gets squashed. In other words, tall titles become short and squat, even though the picture video looks normal. Similarly, if I use Batch Export and select Recompress All Frames, the glitches disappear, but titles stay normal.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? If possible, I'd like to avoid recompressing the footage, and would really like to understand the problem.

I've been exporting and evaluating test clips all day and am no clearer than when I started.

Thanks
Terry

2 x 2.26Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro
32GB 1066 DDR3 RAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card
FCP 7.03
QuickTime Player 10.0

Return to posts index

Nick Swinglehurst
Re: Glitches on export from FCP 7 to QuickTime Movie
on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:53:42 am

The fact that Recompress All Frames solves the problem suggests that it might be corrupt Render Files.

I would try using Render Manager to trash your current render files, or just re-render the clips that are known to be glitchy.

WIth the FCP titles, are these created using FCP's "Text" generator? I've experienced this aspect ratio export problem with certain compositing modes before. Try a different compositing mode, e.g. Screen instead of Normal. Also, depending on how many you have, try using PSDs or Boris Titles instead. Yeah, I know it's annoying...

Nick

Nick Swinglehurst | Film Editor | Colourist | Compositor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]