FORUMS: list search recent posts

color correction

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Harvey
color correction
on Dec 4, 2012 at 7:37:51 pm

i have alot of clips like this. darker on both side, some one side dark. Also purple in upper right corner.

I know that there are alot of works on it.

Need your advice which software to solve those problems?

I am not expert on After Effects and Motion. Not use Color app before.

I am using FCP 7.

Any suggestion?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: color correction
on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:15:30 am

Try Resolve Lite.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 5, 2012 at 12:25:39 am

Well, I'd use Color and use the secondaries to isolate the two guys and brighten only them, tweaking everything to get it right. Explaining exactly how to do this in a forum, when you don't know Color, will be impossible. If you knew Color and read about how I would do it, you'd understand.

You do want to use a tool like Color or Resolve Lite or Colorista that allows you to isolate the people. Explaining step by step would be like writing a manual.

You might need to hire a colorist to fix this.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 5, 2012 at 6:00:58 am

You can use the 3 way color corrector to isolate the white and blow it out and remove any saturation. Then use another 3 way color corrector filter to bring the now uniform white down to 100 ire, bring down the black levels to 0, and pump up the saturation of the subjects.

Works on this shot as a still pretty easily, but moving video might be something else. Other shots might be different too, especially if someone has a white shirt.

But you're probably just best off sending them out to a colorist or at least an editor that knows davinci or color or at least the above technique in 3 way CC. Like Shane said, it'd be like writing a manual unless you kinda have the idea already.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]