FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hide part of text/clip....?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Wilber
Hide part of text/clip....?
on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:15:30 pm

I have some text coming out from another clip.

It's sliding to the right and I want it to look like it comes out from the circle. Not sure what these are called and know you can do it in After Effects. Is there a way to do it in FCP? Using a matte doesn't work cause stays with the image and the whole image looks cropped. So I kinda want a matte that will only allow a certain area on screen of the clip to show as it moves.

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
Re: Hide part of text/clip....?
on Dec 4, 2012 at 7:02:17 pm

My first thought was a mask, but that would have to be animated as the text come out to stay in position.

2nd thought is a little more complicated.
Take the layer of video (the women) and double it up, put the text behind or under that layer and then crop the top layer of video to the edge of the graphic image.

so you are going to have a bottom layer of video, middle layer of text and then a top layer of video cropped to the edge of the graphic which is on top of everything.

Steve.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Hide part of text/clip....?
on Dec 4, 2012 at 7:28:37 pm

This isn't so hard. I would keyframe the crop tool to help the reveal happen; it only needs three keyframes. Use the same three keyframes to move the type on the horizontal axis. This takes maybe 90 seconds to set up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]