FORUMS: list search recent posts

I exported a video from Final Cut Pro 7, but it didn't export the entire video.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony LoPrinzi
I exported a video from Final Cut Pro 7, but it didn't export the entire video.
on Dec 3, 2012 at 5:22:50 pm

Hello all:

I am trying to export a very long video, about 2:20:00 in length. I was able to export the video, however, upon review I noticed that it seem as if the last 15 minutes of the footage on the timeline did not export. I exported using quicktime video, with an Apple ProRes 422 1920x1080 30p codec. It took several hours to export, so I'm not to sure what to fix and I don't want to wait several hors at a time to figure it out.

My other issue is that this file when exported is about 109 GB in size, I am looking to put this on a DVD for a client and I'm not sure what we would be best to use in order to compress the file to fit on a DVD without degrading the quality too much.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
Re: I exported a video from Final Cut Pro 7, but it didn't export the entire video.
on Dec 3, 2012 at 6:23:57 pm

Do you have any In/Out points set on the timeline? Specifically check to see if you've inadvertently set an Out point on the timeline that falls about 15 minutes from the end. I've done this accidentally before.

If you're putting HD source footage onto a DVD you're going to be compressing the footage a lot. You're going from HD (source footage) to SD (the DVD). Not necessarily bad, but keep it in mind. Burning a blu-ray would allow you to retain more of the quality (but you'd need extra gear as Mac's don't have Blu-ray enabled drives). Use Compressor and drop the "Best Quality 150 minutes" preset on there for DVD. That will get your entire file to fit on a DVD.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

Anthony LoPrinzi
Re: I exported a video from Final Cut Pro 7, but it didn't export the entire video.
on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:24:11 am

Thank you for your response, however, I checked to make sure that there were no in or out points on the timeline and exported again, with the same codec and encountered the same problem. Do you have any other ideas about what may be wrong?

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
on Dec 5, 2012 at 3:55:45 pm

What happens if you try exporting say the last 20 mins only. Do you get it all or do you get about 5 mins and the last 15 still missing ?
Just wondering what is significant at the point it cuts off ? Corrupt file or render maybe ?

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]