FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD Import into FCP 7 - NOT from P2 Cards

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Ozanich
DVCPRO HD Import into FCP 7 - NOT from P2 Cards
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:26:08 pm

I am having trouble importing DVCPRO HD (1080i60) into Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. It is giving me the popup screen "File Error: 1 File(s) recognized, 0 Denied, 1 unknown"

First let me say that I am NOT trying to import from a P2 card. These files were exported from our K2 Summit (Grass Valley) in a .mov wrapper. I have Quicktime Player 7 as well as 10. Final Cut will still not import them and neither of my Quicktime Pro players will recognize them. I downloaded the trial version of After Effects CS6 and they WILL import and play fine in there.

It seems like no matter what I do FCP 7 refuses to recognize these files. Any guesses?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: DVCPRO HD Import into FCP 7 - NOT from P2 Cards
on Dec 3, 2012 at 5:34:09 pm

The K2 Summit is a PC based system, and for what I know the DVCPro codecs are not the exactly the same in PCs than in Mac, and they are not compatible.
Not sure which is the best work around.
The DVCPro expert around is Shane Ross.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Santiago
on Dec 5, 2012 at 1:32:10 pm

I am also having a similar issue importing DVCPRO HD 100 into final cut pro 7 on a new Mac Pro laptop with OS X 10.8. My FCP systems running on 10.7.6 import the DVCPro HD 100 files without any issues.

For your issues you may look to the Panasonic support website for a plugin or app that loads the P2 compatibility on your system. The only problem is that this plugin is for the AVCHD format. I have yet to find one for the DVCPro HD.

My current investigation has led me to believe that OS X 10.8 plays videos differently from 10.7.6. In 10.7.6 you just needed to make sure that the components for the codec were listed in the /Library/quicklime/ folder. Now I it seems that there must also be a package in the /Library/Receipts/ folder. Not sure if this is correct but it is all I have been able to come up with. It may also have something to do with 32 bit QuickTime components versus 64 bit.

Return to posts index

George Hannah
on Jan 28, 2014 at 10:38:49 pm

Matt,

I know this is a fairly old post but wondered if you were still having the same issue. In October 2012, I contacted Apple about the issue because we were able to use DVCPROHD mov files from K2 Summit to FCP 7 running on Mac OS X 10.6.8 but not once we got a new system running 10.7.4. Here is Apple's response

George
Thank you for contacting Apple.

Per our discussion earlier, I wanted to let you know that I am able to reproduce the same behavior you are seeing on your end concerning the Quicktime Files that are being generated with your Grass Valley unit, and the Lion 10.7.4 OS. The files are not able to be fully read by the Finder, and the will not import into Final Cut Pro 7 when using Lion.

I have escalated this issue to our engineering team for further review, but at this point I would certainly encourage you to contact Grass Valley to notify them of the issue as well. I've only been able to reproduce the results with the files you sent me, created from their device.

If I hear of a workaround from our engineering team, I will certainly let you know. Per your request, I have sent a complimentary copy of Snow Leopard to attempt to install on your MacPro as a workaround.

Sincerely,

Marcus M.
Apple

and here is Grass Valley's response from October 2012:

George

This is correct, Apple changed parts of their OS in Lion that broke many companies workflows – including GV.
That being said, there is work underway to fix this in the newer version of GV Software which is releasing in the near future.

I am adding Jim Lash to this email chain to work with you on a new course of action for you.

Regards,
Brad

I have not heard from Grass Valley on this issue and have contacted Jim Lash as well as the developer group and Brad but no response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]