FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped Frames warning with Final Cut 6.0.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Betts
Dropped Frames warning with Final Cut 6.0.6
on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:25:09 pm

Had to reinstall Final Cut Studio 2 because of problems with my internal Mac HD. Opened my project that was stored on a LaCie firewire external drive. Getting the "Warning- Dropped Frames" message. I know I have encountered that in the past with other systems I've worked on but not this current one.

I turned off Unlimited RT and closed all open sequences. Any other suggestion on how to correct this problem? There's nothing to render in the clips I'm trying to pay.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Dropped Frames warning with Final Cut 6.0.6
on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:36:53 pm

Most important information you left out. What are your sequence settings and what type of footage are you working with? Most dropped frame issues are caused by slow hard drives. Make sure your workspace is clean. Press Control-U to reset it.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:52:47 pm

Next time you get the warning, uncheck "Warn next time on dropped frames".
Probably you won't notice when frames are dropped.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:13:06 pm

Ha Ha! And I was going to send you a thanks for my compressor/codec problem yesterday! You we're probably right. First I installed the XDCAM EX 720p 60 codec recommended by someone else but then I upgraded my version 6 Final Cut software. So like the proverbial chicken and the egg. Which fixed my problem first? The SONY codec install someone else suggested or your recommendation to upgrade my app? I'm just glad it all worked. I'm still not "out of the woods" yet with this project but I will extend my thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

Keith Betts
on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:16:02 pm

In System Settings - Playback Control I switched from Dynamic to High and that seemed to correct my playback issues. Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 30, 2012 at 6:41:32 pm

Hi Keith,
Even if was not for the XDCAM codec, it was very convenient for you to update that FC.6.1.
Believe me, it was probably one of the most buggy FCs versions ever released.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]