FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Export Render Farm - XML, EDL, Something better?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fraser Callum
FCP7 Export Render Farm - XML, EDL, Something better?
on Nov 30, 2012 at 10:05:57 am

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been asked and I have missed it, been doing on and off research for the past couple weeks but has got to the point I would rather have an actual discussion with people who can hopefully help.

We have 5 underpowered iMac's in our Acquired Content department, the team in there deal with shows that we buy in from various UK and US suppliers; the shows are then dubbed (we broadcast to a non-english market) new GFX are made, etc. to get the show ready for broadcast.

We need to speed up the export time from their iMac's. Our current attempt is using Rhozet Carbon Coder by exporting non-self contained files and letting Carbon Coder do the bulk of the export. This hasn't saved as much time as we had hoped as the Acquired Content team have been modifying more than we thought so there is more rendering required.

What I would love to do is utilise XML or EDL exports, throw them at a piece of software on our server machines and watch them chew through the lot. However I seem to struggling to find the information I need, maybe it's my lack of knowledge or maybe my lack of time. Either way if anyone has any ideas I am all ears and I'm more than happy to give more details of our workflow if that'll help.

Thanks guys

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP7 Export Render Farm - XML, EDL, Something better?
on Nov 30, 2012 at 7:05:11 pm

Hi Frazer,
XML and EDLs are based on what you have on your sequence, but they do not take in consideration any render file.
Your method of using a Reference Movie (No Self contained), should work fine as long as the Rhozet Carbon Coder app has access to the renders.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]