FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 relinking to original clip, but only displays black

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawna Talbot
FCP 7 relinking to original clip, but only displays black
on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:30:45 am

So I've run into a problem I've never seen before and it seems like the project may be corrupt, but would love some advice to be sure.

So no harddrive crashes, no FCP crashes. Took a locked cut, duplicated the sequence, and deleted all graphics to make a clean version. Everything rendered as it should - no errors. Then as I'm checking the export random clips are not playing and are just blacked out.

This is happening to several clips that are on the same drive, but in different folders. Other clips in the same folders as they are play no problem. In the FCP project I can see everything in the Canvas just fine, but the viewer shows the black. I tried to relink several to the proper and working clips, it relinks no problem, yet still plays black and now the Canvas also shows black.

Didn't save the project, closed FCP and attempted to restart the computer. Still same problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or what caused it so it won't happen to me again? Any information on this would be helpful as my Cow-search-fuu doesn't seem to be bringing me much success and this clip is due out for QC ASAP!!!!!!

EDIT: Figured out the problem. Went to an auto save and realized my boss had been messing with the project and placed legal eyes on some of those clips. This computer I'm exporting on does not have legal eyes installed on it. Removed filter and clip plays just fine again. My panic is over!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]