Aspect ratio changes -without my input- when played in Quicktime...!?
Here's the deal:
Working with a 1920x1080 DVCPROHD timeline.
1. Export, after rendering. (No conversion of any kind)
2. Shows as 1920x1080 in Finder, and plays as 1920x1080 in Finder (hit space bar)
3. Plays as 1920x1080 in Final Cut 7.0.3
4. BUT - when I open and play in Quicktime it plays as 1280x1080
5. AND - If I send to compressor to convert to "50% of source", it comes out squeezed to 640x540, same ratio as 1280x1080.
Final Cut 7 and the Finder treat it as 1920x1089
Quicktime and Compressor treat it as 1280x1080
somebody HELP me! (...voice of Jim Carey in The Mask)