FORUMS: list search recent posts

Waveform problem with 2 users

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Waveform problem with 2 users
on Nov 29, 2012 at 8:21:04 pm

I'm working on a multicamera edit with another editor. We have 4 cameras and 5 channels of audio. We share our FCP7 projects on a server and our media is on a separate RAID. Each computer stores its waveform files locally. The first editor cut the multicam sequences on her computer. However, when I open the project on my computer, I cannot connect the waveform files. The waveforms would help me to see at a glance which person is talking.

I tried trashing my Waveform files and the Waveform folder to try to force FCP to redraw the files. No luck. I even copied the original files from her computer to my Waveform folder with no luck. I created a new sequence and even a new project and tried copying the edited sequence into it with no luck.

Does anyone know how else I can force FCP to redraw, or reconnect to, the waveform files?

Return to posts index

Fraser Callum
Re: Waveform problem with 2 users
on Nov 30, 2012 at 10:46:07 am

I could be a premission's issue or due to the network setup, FCP just cannot see the files it's linking to.

Can you set your waveform folder on both machines to be on a central location that both machines can see? With the folder having Read/Write permissions for everyone.

Return to posts index

Jaap Verdenius
Re: Waveform problem with 2 users
on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:59:04 pm

Did you try making your media offline and then reconnecting?

And did you try exporting/importing your sequences via xml?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]