FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression for Film Fest, and I'm in trouble now!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff McKay
Compression for Film Fest, and I'm in trouble now!
on Nov 27, 2012 at 7:50:54 pm

Hello All,
I am looking for some quick advice. I have a short film that is going to be projected on a large theater screen. I have edited in FCP, 1080p 30fps. I need to know a quick setting in compressor that will give me good quality. I don't have time to download and learn any new programs. This sucker has to be ready in two hours and at this point I am stuck with compressor. The guy will be broadcasting of his laptop so he should have a lot of flexibility in format.
I used apple pro res high qaulity, and got a good product. I also got a 10 GIG file for a 6 minute vid.
Any other suggestions?

Geoff

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Compression for Film Fest, and I'm in trouble now!
on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:14:49 pm

Quick, hire a new guy and blame this on him.

Playing off a laptop, Into what kind of projector system, is the question. Mpeg2 (DVD format) may be the most bullet-proof, but makes high def problematical. H.264 or MPEG4 is my go-to choice, but again, what kind of source does the projector take?

Return to posts index

Geoff McKay
on Nov 27, 2012 at 8:20:30 pm

Hey,
Thanks a lot man. I'll look into spreading out the blame. I tried H.264, and will go with it if I have to. It looks pretty bad though. Thanks for the tip on the MPEG 4. I am going to give that a try!! I guess I'll just have to suffer through whatever happens, and not use those free tickets to the filmfest!!

Return to posts index

Bryan Mailer
on Nov 28, 2012 at 8:54:44 am

Hope things went okay. You can tell them that Brian Mailer did it and he has been fired.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]