FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting duplicate chapter markers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin Smith
Deleting duplicate chapter markers
on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:37:44 am

Hi, hoping someone out there can answer this. I have created at least 10 videos across this summer using Final Cut Pro and IDVD. Before converting to a quicktime movie I have added chapter markers and successfully transferred all into IDVD. This last video is driving me mad. I completed it as usual, adding chapter markers and successfully burned off the dvd in IDVD. However, there were some parts of the audio I was not happy with so went back to the original FCP project and tweeked the audio. I then created another quicktime movie file. On dragging the movie into Idvd and checking the chapters it showed 2 chapters that I named the 'Beginning' one shows the original opening clip the other shows the same clip but further on. I cut the first Chapter out on the IDVD template and on burning the DVD it got to the end and said 'Multiplexing error when formatting' I went back to the original FCP timeline and deleted all the chapters using the 'Mark Delete all tab' and put in the chapters again and created another QT file, and again it showed 2 chapters entitled the Beginning. I am assuming that FCP stores the data relating to chapters and somehow automatically transfers them to QT and then IDVD. Is there a way of completely eradicating the previous chapters. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry this is so long winded.

Colinthedrummer

Return to posts index

Brad Elliott
Re: Deleting duplicate chapter markers
on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:18:22 pm

When you export the movie set the markers pull-down to none.

Nothing should be imbedded in the movie and if you open it in QT you will not have any sort of pull-down option to jump to another point in the QT.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:38:51 pm

sounds like you might be working in the same iDVD project.
try starting a new one.

nick

Return to posts index

Colin Smith
on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:55:57 pm

Hi Nick, thanks for the response. I actually opened a new IDVD project and dragged the QT movie from finder into the new template but again it showed two duplicate chapters despite the fact that I had deleted them from the original timeline then added new chapters and saved as QT file. I wondered if FCP7 stores the chapter data somewhere where I could delete it.

Cheers

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:26:43 pm

not that i know of.

these days with FCP7s sliding markers you can get two markers on the one frame.
it happens if you delete a section between two existing markers.
maybe you have that going on?

you can see the dual markers in your canvas overlay,
and when you go to edit them you have a choice in the edit widow which one you are editing

but you said you deleted all markers from your timeline?

maybe some sort of sequence corruption.
make a fresh new sequence and copy / paste the other one's contents into it,
and see if that works

nick

Return to posts index

Colin Smith
on Nov 28, 2012 at 8:56:39 pm

Hi Nick, thanks for that I will give it a go and see what happens. I will let you know.

Colin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]