FORUMS: list search recent posts

My video is exporting at a lower quality.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Thela
My video is exporting at a lower quality.
on Nov 24, 2012 at 4:11:45 am

Hi guys. I recently did a sweet 16, and I shot it with a Sony DSLR that shoots 23 Megapixel 1920hd footage. Well, when i decided to make a music montage, I went on youtube, ripped the music video for the song and just used the audio from the youtube video on my timeline, along with the HD footage.

After spending all day putting it together, I exported it using current settings (just used command E), and the file was noticebly smaller than usual. It was around 235mb, when files i normally export that are that length are around 4 or 5gb. I also noticed when I try to view it on quicktime player, the box is alot smaller, where as normally on 1920 hd the box takes up almost my entire mac screen.

What I think happened is that final cut is exporting the dimensions from the youtube video audio (around 450x330), instead of the HD footage dimensions.

My is, is there a way to reverse it and have final cut export it at the 1920 hd settings.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: My video is exporting at a lower quality.
on Nov 24, 2012 at 6:01:36 am

you should know which is your sequence size, and if the footage has been downscaled.
have a look to the Sequence Settings and to the Motion tab (size) of any clip on the timeline.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]