FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring projects from Final Cut to Avid

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lizzie Toms
Transferring projects from Final Cut to Avid
on Nov 23, 2012 at 12:24:43 pm

Hi there,

I understand this post has probably been up before but I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice about how to transfer FCP projects to Avid.

I have been looking at the Automatic Duck and Boris AAF transfer software and was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to do this. it has come about because I am working freelance for a production company that uses Avid, and I want to be able to work from home editing basic sequences to save time in the edit.

I am very grateful for any ideas!!!

Many thanks,

Lizzie

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Transferring projects from Final Cut to Avid
on Nov 23, 2012 at 6:33:59 pm

Sequences...easy. FULL PROJECTS...no, there is no easy way for this. There is no way to transfer all of the bin organization. You can transfer all of the media if you string them out into a timeline and Duck the timeline, but then you will be reorganizing everything and taking up most of the time doing that.

But then you want to work at home on FCP, but at work on Avid, and have the sequences somehow be able to link? No no no no...that won't happen either, without a lot of arm twising and work.

The Avid Crossgrade of $1000 for FCP users is going on and active until Dec 14. Plus you can download and use a full version for FREE for 30 days.

I recommend against doing what you are trying to do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]