FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 - Various Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Herz
FCP 7 - Various Issues
on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:20:23 pm

I am currently editing with FCP 7.0.3 and running OS 10.7.5
Over the last few months I have been having al kinds of strange issues with FCP. Aside from things running really slow, I am getting error messages such as "general error".
The most problematic issue is that when I put any kind of fade in/fade out on my timeline, when I play back the video, a strange flash frame appears on the fade in/fade out...or sometimes a green flash. When I step the video frame-by-frame, there is no flash frame.
Also when I export to QT, several times the video has appeared as nothing but green...nothing else. Other times the video is there, but strange flash frames and flashes of green appear...similar to above explanation.
My computer is a fairly old (2007) Macbook Pro. The motherboard and HD were replaced about 4 yrs ago...so the guts of the computer are not as old as the shell.
I know the computer is old...and I will update it when I have the funds to do so, but for now, I really need to figure this out so I can keep editing and making a living. So...please no suggestions to just get a new computer.
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Herz
danherzproductions.com

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: FCP 7 - Various Issues
on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:17:18 pm

are you editing using ProRes ? are you using very large stills ?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 20, 2012 at 11:21:22 pm

So many possible problems. Usual maintenance like trashing preferences and repairing permissions should always be done, especially when FCP does strange things.

It could also be an issue with the codec of your footage and mismatches with the footage codec and the sequence settings so if basic maintenance doesn't sort it, let us know what those settings are. Also it might be OS to software version, the way you installed both FCP and the OS.

Digital Rebellion make a nice bit of free software to make preference management easy. Also searching this forum on preferences or prefs will show lots of posts that describe the basic maintenance.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 21, 2012 at 11:01:10 am

AS Michael say, maintenance. Trash preferences, repair permissions and rebuild your HDs directories (Diskwarrior). The system crap piles up and is necessary to clean it now and them.
Also, avoid editing things like H264 stuff on your time line.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]